What was the October 15th (then moved to October 18th) PQRS deadline?
- For groups of 100 or more eligible professionals, this was the date to self-nominate for the Group Reporting Option (GPRO).
- For groups who have less than 100 eligible professionals, this was the deadline to elect for administrative claims.
What does it mean for your practice if you missed the deadline?
- Payment modifications and fees for 2015 will be based on 2013 program year data, so if your practice missed the deadline or did not participate in PQRS in 2013, it will be penalized by only receiving 97.5% or less of your payments for billed Medicare services in 2015.
What options are still on the table?
Remember: options depend on the size of your organization and the effort you want to spend on preventing the penalty (see above).
- Reporting as an individual professional (IP) is still available. You can still report via the IP claims method, registry, or qualified EHR method. You also can still report via the IP- Measure Group method.
- If you choose the claims method, you will have to report one valid measure per eligible professional by the end of 2013.
- If you choose the registry or qualified EHR method, you will be able to buy some time depending on the organization you partner with to submit. We are hearing some partners will be accepting information in February, but you will have to be already contracted and have the method of providing the information already set up.
One last question: What is a valid measure?
- A valid measure is the reporting of 1 patient episode where the organization can appropriately provide a response to the measure. Keep in mind this will only prevent the 2015 penalty. There are other requirements to receive the 2013 incentive.