The release of Allscripts PM v14 includes several advantageous workflow enhancements, enabling more robust Registration, Scheduling and Billing capabilities. This upgrade presents an ideal opportunity to evaluate current practice management operations, and truly leveraging the new functionality to drive workflow efficiencies, improve data capture and quality, and improve overall staff productivity. Patient responsibility as a percentage of overall reimbursement continues to increase. The new v14 Automated Self-Pay Collections functionality provides various workflow automation capabilities based on client specific policies and procedures. The Culbert v14 upgrade approach tightly integrates overall business process transformation into the upgrade project. This requires tight coordination between practice operations, revenue cycle operations, IT and Allscripts resources.
Culbert’s area of expertise
- Re-design of scheduling templates, consolidation & standardization of Appointment Types which resulted in a 25% increase in available appointment slots.
- Re-design of Self Pay Management operations including new staffing plan and new training program inclusive of role, workflows, policies and procedures, and application functionality.
- Development of Key Performance metrics and baseline measurement to monitor ongoing patient access and revenue cycle performance.
- Evaluation and re-design of Front Desk (Check In/Out) workflows, policies and procedures.
- Improved TouchWorks integration including CIE conversion.
- Project management of the implementation of the RCxRules workflow automating engine to improve claims processing, reduce denials, and maximize reimbursement.