2019 is off to a great start for Culbert’s GE/Virence, and now athenahealth Consulting Practice. In addition to the interesting projects listed below, Culbert was delighted to announce the promotion of Kris Rickhoff to Manager where she will be responsible for leading several members of our IT team.
A major trend in our engagements has been to deploy cross-functional teams inclusive of both our management consulting team and our Centricity Business/HPA/CBO application experts in order to design innovative operational models including centralized patient access centers, combined billing offices to support professional and hospital billing, as well as centralized customer service centers.
Examples of recent client engagements include:
- Development of a Digital Health Strategy, including the evaluation and selection of third party technologies to integrate with and compliment GE functionality, especially in the area of patient access.
- Large scale BAR and FRM reconfiguration and business process redesign to improve alignment between the Centricity build and the current business requirements of a long established IDX/GE client. This engagement was presented at the 2018 C-Live conference.
- Led the implementation of the Combined Billing Office (CBO) solution, which included the transformation of professional and hospital billing operations into a centrally managed operation. Project team included Project Manager, Operational Transformation Leadership, Training Coordinator, Integrated Testing Lead, Technical Consultants (integration, data conversion, EDI, custom report development), Change Management Leadership, and Interim Billing Leadership support.
- Completed a large scale TIN consolidation, management of provider credentialing, Centricity Business System redesign (BAR group consolidation, dictionary redesign, GL interface redesign), and AR wind-down strategy.
- Developed central access center for registration scheduling, supported by standardized policies, procedures and workflows, standardized and consolidated Visit Types and Visit Lengths by specialty, which resulted in a 25% increase in available ambulatory appointment slots, a 20% increase in new patient volumes, and an overall 14% increase in ambulatory revenues.
- Provided legacy system support, which involved all Centricity Business application and end-user support requirements to support client’s migration to new enterprise-wide patient management system.
We appreciate the client relationships we have developed over the past decade. If we can ever provide any assistance, we would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your initiatives. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org